Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Father's Day

So, did you call your dad today?

I did. And after the brief conversation with him, I got to thinking.

Why is it that I rarely ever pick up the phone to talk to him specifically? Why is it that he doesn't do the same? As I ask myself these questions, I'm chuckling. I mean, it is kind of funny. We are fairly close, and our relationship isn't strained at all, but we just don't connect the way my mom and I do. I can talk to her ten times a day and not run out of things to say, but as I talked to my dad today, it seemed that after about 3 minutes we ran out of things to say.

It was mostly just small talk... how was church? I told him that he should check out the streaming life lesson on the website. I have to admit, it was the best teaching on the story of the Prodigal Son I think I have ever heard.

And that was about it. I told him I was working. He groaned, "don't push yourself." I assured him I wouldn't.

We then disconnected after exchanging "I love you"s.

Not a bad Father's Day phone call, but not stunning either. I would have much rather been in his company than to have had to make the long distance call. That's life I guess.

So, I spent the rest of my day "not pushing myself" after a whopping 2 hours at work (things went smoothly yesterday thank Gawd).

After taking a nap that should have been avoided, I putzed around the apartment all evening... cursing the NBA, and wondering why there isn't anything else worth watching on TV.

I was hoping Jay *there, names mentioned* would log on tonight so that I could give him crap for being so evil. Have I mentioned that I like evil? *hehe*
Considering the time, I guess my dishing of crap will have to wait until tomorrow.

Since I'm tired but still restless and not ready for sleep, I will probably slip in a
DVD and curl up on the couch.

Honestly, I really can't complain... Best thing about being single is that I always get to pick the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home