Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Wow... the Christmas Season is in full swing now!

For me that means tons of christmas music, crocheting christmas stockings, and connecting with as many friends as possible.

This year, it also means that I'm on the home stretch to my thirtieth birthday (32 days and counting). I have to say, I'm looking forward to it, somewhat. I mean, I know I'm not old, by anymeans, and I still know how to party like a rockstar, although I don't know if I'll ever forget how to do that. I can't help but wonder if my thirties will be any better than my twenties. From the looks of things, I can't imagine why not. Things have really taken an upward swing in the last two years. The way see it, if i can make it through highschool with the kiddo, I'll be free sailing from there.

I have to admit, this being the parent of a teenager is kind of cool. She has her own life now, and that doesn't always have to include me. This frees me up, on occassion, to do grown up things, like meet some friends for dinner, take in a show, or even, just veg out at home, like I'm doing tonight.

Have I mentioned that the Holidays are near?!?

There are three times of the year I look forward to with extreme excitement. Second Friday in March. Memorial Day. Second Friday in December. These seemingly random days hold high importance in this household. On these days, my child makes a pilgrimage to her father's house for an extended period of time. For me, these days represent the beginning of a period of truely singleness, that can be as invigorating as it is depressing. Fortunately, my last few periods of liberation have been more adventurous than not, so I'm rather looking forward to this one.

It officially begins on the 15th, just over 2 weeks from today, conveniently the same day as my company Christmas Party. No, it wasn't planned that way... wait, who am I kidding? of course it was ;) I didn't want to have a cerfew that night... so shoot me

Ahhh the Christmas Party... decidedly a bigger deal than my senior prom, it is by far the biggest social event in my circle. Black Tie requested, meaning that my dress has to be spectacular, since my goal is to turn heads again this year. Unfortunately, I have more time to find my dress than I do to find a date... RSVPs are due Friday. That's tough since I've spent most of the fall concentrating on being a mom and helping with algebra homework than I have looking for Mr. Right. And since the RSVP requires a guest name (so that they can be party to the perks of the party), I had to get creative. So I turned my RSVP in to HR today and the "Guest" line read: Prince Charming - yet to be determined. It may end up that I end up dragging one of the other single mom's with me. If that's the case, she's in for quite and awsome night. No worries tho. If I go alone, I go alone, and I'll dance with Mr Great-Big-Tall-TeddyBear guy from extractions, and spend the evening mingling with clients.

On that note, my quiet evening comes to an end as I wander back out to katy to pick up my kid.
Before I go.....
I'm thinking of doing something awsome for myself for my birthday... any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home